Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures means not only taking emerging interactive companies to the next level, but also a complimentary pass to iVentures!
In partnership with Ontario Creates (formerly the Ontario Media Development Corporation), Interactive Ontario presents the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures program, designed to take Ontario’s emerging interactive digital media companies to the next level.
If your company is looking to strengthen its capacity in finance, business planning, marketing and more, this program is built for you. This leadership training will help you to grow your great game or interactive digital media product into a sustainable company. Participants will take part in a series of workshops and the iVentures conference beginning in early November – dates to be announced (workshops will run in the evenings from 6-9pm). Sessions will be held in Toronto, so selected participants must live in Toronto (or close enough to be able to attend the weekly workshops).
Sample workshop topics:
- iVentures (complimentary attendance – November 6 & 7)
- Business Planning for IDM Products and Companies
- Funding, Financing and Budgeting for IDM Products
- Accounting (including incorporation and cash flow)
- Intellectual Property Law
- Marketing for IDM Products
- Pitch Training
- new companies that are led by individuals with less than three years of professional IDM content creation experience
- established companies that are transitioning to IDM content creation from other industries
Participating companies should have an interest in pursuing opportunities associated with proprietary content creation, and have an IDM Fund-eligible project that they would like to produce. Successful participants will be eligible to apply to the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Concept Definition and Production programs upon completion of the program.
Each selected company may send up to two employees from their company and there will be a course fee of $100 per company for those selected to participate. If you have any questions, please email Interactive Ontario’s Program Director Carly Beath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here by October 3rd, 2018